Hiring an attorney to represent you in the event of a personal injury can be a bit overwhelming. Here is a guide for the kinds of information you should seek in making that decision.
- Has the attorney ever represented someone with your particular issue before? Or if not, has he/she worked in similar areas?
- What is his/her success rate in these kinds of cases?
- How long has this attorney been in the practice of personal injury?
- Who will handle your case? Will it be this attorney, or a team of attorneys?
- What is your attorney’s role within his/her firm? Is the person a partner, associate?
- Is there any potential conflict between your case and any other cases he/she or the firm may be working on?
- What is the fee structure? Is it a combination of expenses plus a contingency?
- What is the length of time your attorney estimates to complete the case?